MAY 11, 2020
Click on the below link to view COVID-19 TOOLKIT
COVID-19 TOOLKIT - DOING WHAT YOU CAN
APRIL 28 - CANADIAN BUSINESS RESILIENCE NETWORK RESOURCE
For businesses that need access to programs to help them survive due to COVID-19 - please click on the following link for further information.
March 26 - COVID-19
Alberta Chambers of Commerce, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Community Futures Yellowhead East have assembled an impressive collection of links to all of the resources available to support businesses and employers during this emergency. Follow this link www.onowaychamber.ca to view the information.
Town of Onoway Update March 25 - COVID-19
-All municipal playgrounds are closed.
-In an attempt to streamline accounting practices, staff will be calling all those property owners who are not currently signed up to receive utility ebills or online payment of utility bills, as well as our telematic information notification system.
-The Town is reviewing options regarding 2020 tax payments.
Town of Onoway Update March 20 - COVID-19
March 20 update on COVID 19 – the Town’s emergency management team are preparing for potential activation, Administration office remains closed to the public and Council meeting public in person attendance remains restricted, Onoway library remains closed to the public, the Town is considering extending the tax payment due date to later in the year, for those in self isolation and requiring assistance the Town has implemented a help line 780-292-5533 to which we will help arrange food or prescription delivery etc. Please follow AHS recommendations including self isolation and social distancing, and prepare for an extended time of disruption.
Town of Onoway Public Release- March 17, 2020
Town Council held a special meeting on Monday, March 16, 2020 to discuss proactive measures in an attempt to mitigate potential risks of the COVID-19 illness to Town staff, Council or members of the public.
As a result of COVID-19 crisis, the Town of Onoway will be taking the following steps:
- 3 staff members will be engaging in a 14 day self-isolation process
- the administration office will be closed to the general public until further notice, staff will be working and answering phones/emails at this time. Residents will be able to deposit payments through the mail slot located in the main door, or through online banking
- public engagement at our Council meetings will be limited to urgent and time sensitive matters
- community meetings will not be held in our Council Chambers until further notice
- the Onoway Public Library will be closed for the next 14 days, and potential long term closure will be evaluated prior to the end of this 14 day period
We respectfully request your patience as we work with our local, regional, provincial, federal and world stakeholders in mitigating this crisis.
Inquiries may be directed to:
Wendy Wildman, Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Onoway
Special Council Meeting Notice March 16, 2020
March 16, 2020 Special Meeting Agenda
Additional information on the Novel Coronavis (COVID-19) can be found on the below link:
Leave A Comment